Users can mess around with management set assignments and it isn't recorded in the logs.
For example, consider the following ZP to MSet arrangements:
ZP1 -- MSet1 -- Job1
ZP2 -- MSet2 (empty) -- Job2
Now I change Job1 to run on Mset2 which is empty. This will give me an error. However, before someone can look at the logs, I change Job1 to run back on Mset1. Now it looks like the error happened because of Mset1 and has no indication of the management sets being changed at one point. This type of mistake can make troubleshooting very difficult.
The logs should either record this change or, even more clearly, note the management set the job was run on.